Physiotherapy in Sheffield is our primary service and we have a several Senior Physiotherapists to choose from offering you flexibility and choice.
What is Physiotherapy? It is a healthcare profession with a science foundation. “Physiotherapy helps restore movement and function to as near normal as possible when someone is affected by injury, illness or by developmental or other disability”. Physiotherapists are highly trained professionals and as such, the title is protected. Be sure to check the HCPC register if in doubt here: https://www.hcpc-uk.org/check-the-register/
Physiotherapy may help the following:
- Spinal Problems – Lower Back and Neck pain including prolapsed/slipped discs, degeneration, arthritis, sciatica, lumbago, chronic stiffness, whiplash and pain referred to arms or legs.
- Joint Problems – Arthritic conditions, swelling, stiffness and / or pain in shoulders, elbows, wrists, hands, hips, knees, ankles, and TMJ (jaw).
- Soft Tissue Injuries – damaged muscles, ligaments, (AC L/ MCL) and tendons.
- Post Surgery – rehabilitation and treatment following, minor or general surgery on the back, hips, knees, ankles, shoulders, elbows and hands. Orthopaedic surgery following joint replacements and arthroscopy.
- Broken Bones / Fractures – General treatment and rehabilitation following broken bones, to restore function and movement.
- Sports Injuries – soft tissue damage including sprains, strains, and bruising, to muscles ligaments tendons, and cartilage problems.
- Work Related Injuries – such as repetitive strain injuries, and personal injury.
Vertigo & Headaches – If neuro-musculoskeletal origin.